Return to IDMi Online
Note this notice applies to all business of intelligen Limited and its subsidiaries.
We are providing this document to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is relevant to our specific business requirements and practices, centred on privacy and data processing.
Disclaimer: This privacy notice does not constitute legal advice. The content is for general information purposes only. It is provided without any representations or warranties, express or implied. If necessary, seek appropriate legal counsel in relation to GDPR or your specific circumstances.
For definitive legal advice on providing privacy information under the GDPR, see the Information Commissioner’s Office guide on privacy notices.
The contact details of our Data Controller who is also our Data Protection Officer are:
Name: John W Baker
Address: intelligen Limited
Telephone: Direct Line – 0044 1807 580282
Historically, intelligen Limited data collection goes back to 1969. As neither the internet or GDPR were around at that time, and as most of the data is likely out of date, we have taken the decision to declare that contacts are deemed to have accepted we will hold and process data in order to keep them supplied with copies of magazines.
We only hold the following core contact data:
Job Title (if applicable)
Company (if applicable)
Email address (if applicable)
We collect this data from:
· Our web site using opt-in forms
· Our newsletter using links to our opt-in/out forms
· We may in the future, hold User Name and Password information, but that will only be relevant for access to our own web sites and/or services
· Data collected is limited to the list of data fields above
· We do not hold or process sensitive personal data or financial information, other than in relation to sales or purchase transactions for the business
Data is restricted to Sales Invoices with Company and minimal Contact Information, and Purchase Invoices and Receipts in relation to items purchased for intelligen Limited and its subsidiaries.
The service and business-related purposes for which we will process data is:
· Business information for sales invoices
· Business information for purchase invoices
· Personal data in the limited manner previously described, to allow correct formation of mailing addresses for sending out our magazine(s) to subscribers and other controlled circulation parties
Within GDPR there are six possible legal grounds. We process personal data as legal obligation. We offer opt-in and opt-out opportunities.
We treat personal data with care and confidentially. We NEVER share or sell data gathered.
We do not hold any data or backups of data away from our premises. Everything is held internal to our building.
Our approach to data security and the technologies and procedures used to protect personal information is based on IT best-practice.
We restrict physical access to all computer equipment, and limit that access to our own, or authorised and insured third-party personnel. All servers and PCs are protected by user ID and password, and have separate admin user ID and password credentials. Our internal servers and network are protected by a firewall. All computer anti-virus software is updated daily with the latest threat protection. Our network is encrypted. All data is held within the confines of the United Kingdom, and will remain so regardless of the UK’s status as an EU member state – or not, as the case may be.
Our web servers are external to the business as a hosted service on which we do not hold any data other than that of our own, to present web pages to users.
These measures are in place to:
• protect data against accidental loss
• prevent unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure
• ensure business continuity and aid disaster recovery
• restrict access to personal information
• conduct privacy impact assessments in accordance with the law and your business policies
• train staff and contractors on our data security protocols
• manage third party risks, through the use of SLA’s, due diligence on the part of intelligen
We also practice Continuous Improvement and Step Change management.
The length of time we will keep your information will vary with circumstances. Anyone who opts-out or requests to be removed from our lists, will have their data removed from master files within 2 working days of the request. That deletion will normally filter through to all backups within 24 hours of the deletion being made.
As all data is held digitally, there is no other disposal disclosure required. We only need to delete from the master file(s).
Under the GDPR, you have the right to ask us to divulge what personal data we hold.
We undertake to:
• On request, provide a digital copy of all digital personal information held
• Make corrections and deletions in a timely manner
• Act immediately on your withdrawal of consent (if processing data on condition of consent)
• Will not restrict or object to disclosure or non-disclosure within Scottish Law
You may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time
An email, or letter to us is usually all that is required for us to remove your data. We will conform when that has taken place. We do reserve the right to ask for proof of identity if we are in any way unsure of the identity of the requestor.
We do not use profiling, artificial intelligence interrogation of data, or any other automated or semi-automated decision-making practices, or software.
You can get in touch with us using the details in the first section, if you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, or your personal information, or if you wish to file a complaint.
Acceptance of the use of our web site pages comes with the caveat that as we offer news and journalistic information, we do not, and cannot, own or be held responsible for all of the URLs we display links to. We take due diligence steps to ensure there are no links to illegal or offensive sites, but when you click on a URL to a site not owned by us – you do so on the understanding it is at your own risk.
Compiled By: John W Baker, Data Protection Officer (DPO),
Dated: 25th May 2018
DPO Contact Details
0044 1807 580454 (24hour Answering)
Return to IDMi Online